Hello! Hope you’re all doing well. I'm sure it's been a great relief to hear that the lockdown restrictions will be easing soon. I don't know about you but it feels like it’s been a long time since we’ve had 'normal' life.
It’s been a tough time for all of us, so a big shout out to everyone for doing your bit and sticking with the restrictions. We still have a little way to go and must make sure we keep to the rules at each stage of the road map out of lockdown, not matter how hard it still may be.
Imagining a positive future is helpful for our mental wellbeing when we're going through difficult and stressful times. So I thought I would take this opportunity to look at some things that we can look forward to in the coming months:
· The return of sport – whether it’s watching as a fan or doing your favourite sport again, we will be able to return to our sporting activities! In addition, for football fans, it looks like the postponed Euro 2020 will take place this Summer.
· Supermoons! – two supermoons will be gracing our skies in 2021 – one in April and one in May. These occur when a full moon is at its closest point to the Earth, meaning it looks bigger than normal. Why not grab a hot chocolate and a blanket and go take a look!
· Festivals – it looks like festivals may well be returning this summer. Although Glastonbury will not be taking place, there will be other, smaller events happening. Liam Gallagher, Rita Ora and Stormzy have all been confirmed to headline at different events. It will be so good to see it all on TV if you can't get tickets.
· Going to the cinema – yay! We will once again be able to watch our favourite actors on the screens in our local cinemas once again. It will be great to grab some popcorn, sit back and enjoy the movies once more. We've all be waiting a while for that James Bond film...
· Going on holiday/camping - whether it’s sunny Spain or a camping holiday locally, how nice will it be to just take off with family and friends, chill out, change our scenery and have fun.
So, let’s look forward and hope that we have got some good positive months ahead.
Finally, please have a look at this amazing picture a young person that I am working with has done!
And a brief reminder about how creativity can help our wellbeing. You may not be as talented as this young person, but when it comes to being creative for your wellbeing, it's about the process not the final product! Why not create a picture of the activity you're most looking forward to doing when the restrictions have ended?
Take care of yourselves!
This content is general information only, not advice. If you or someone you know is struggling with a mental health issue, please contact a mental health professional or contact the Samaritans.