Now is a challenging time for all of us but especially those who have experienced job losses and redundancies or whose job has become insupportable due to changes in life and business during the pandemic. Unemployment is on the rise and for many, the need to tread a new career path is unavoidable. If you want to make a difference in the life of a child and can provide a safe and nurturing home, fostering could be a rewarding and viable career option for you.
asphaleia fostering offers a competitive and comprehensive support package to make the process of becoming a foster carer straightforward and enjoyable.
fostering with asphaleia includes to following benefits:
24/7 support 365 days of the year.
A wide range of inclusive and necessary training days will be put in place alongside a personal development plan to support you while you foster.
BACS payments are made on a fortnightly basis.
You will be offered partnerships with other more experienced foster carers.
Being part of an organisation that provides holistic services to children and young people enabling you to access education, CSE, and mental health support services that your yp might need and also connect with knowledgeable and experienced staff.
what is required of you:
· The law states you must be 18 or over, with asphaleia requesting that all applicants have life experience.
· You need a spare room.
· You must be a full-time UK resident.
· You must be certified as fit and healthy by your GP through a funded medical assessment.
· You need a DBS check.
· You must be willing to complete a seven part course called skills to foster (normally delivered across two days).
· You need to complete a Form F assessing your skills and knowledge with a qualified social worker to assist. This can take anywhere between 8-10 visits.
· The entire household will need to be interviewed.
· You need to demonstrate that you can provide a safe and happy home for a young person.
We are confident that our supportive approach will enable you to manage the process and explore your suitability with us.
If you would like to find out more, please call us on 01903 823546 and ask to speak to our fostering manager.